Truffles are one of the simplest and richest confections you can make.
Chocolate blended with heavy cream coated in more delicious chocolate, how could you ever go wrong? The answer is… you can’t! You can only make it better! Enhance this CLASSIC TRUFFLE recipe with flavorings, fruits, nuts, liquors etc. Let your taste buds and imagination guide you in creating your very own TRUFFLE MASTERPIECE.
The trick to an absolutely scrumptious truffle is the quality of the ingredients…. and a little secret weapon. BUTTER!
Our motto: Quality and an unforgettable taste experience begins with PREMIUM ingredients ” BUY THE BEST CHOCOLATE YOU CAN FIND AND THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD” Truffles made with premium chocolate, (couverture) will have a silky smooth texture that will melt in your mouth. Add butter, crème fraiche, liquors and/or flavor extracts and you will have a taste experience you can’t begin to explain.
It’s nice to know a confection that is so loved by everyone and perceived to be the ultimate in gourmet chocolate candy making is SO SIMPLE!
As owner of the original “Chocolate Truffle” chocolate boutique in Denver Colorado, we had a fantastic time creating over 30 custom Truffle flavors. A product line that included favorites like Major Rich: dark chocolate ganache filled with UN-melted mini chocolate chips, coated in dark chocolate. With the extra crunch of the chocolate chips inside the soft ganache center, Kids LOVED them. Then there was the milk chocolate adult favorite “Will’s Irish” named after our Dad… Milk chocolate ganache laced with Bailey’s Irish Creme Liquor and coated in Milk chocolate. YUM. Once you find a basic ganache recipe that suits your palate, you are on your own to an endless list of amazing flavor combinations.
The following is my recommendation for an incredible “basic” truffle ganache. Use it “as is” and you will receive rave reviews… add your personal flavor combinations and watch your friends and guests beg for more!!
SUPER SIMPLE- DIVINELY DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE
Note, this truffle does NOT have a tempered chocolate coating. It uses the traditional cocoa powder coating.
- CHOCOLATE 16 oz. (chopped fine and set aside in a 1 quart bowl)
- WHIPPING CREAM-HEAVY CREAM 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- PURE VANILLA EXTRACT 1 Tsp.
- SALTED BUTTER 5 Tablespoons room temperature
- COCOA POWDER 1½ Cup Cocoa Powder or finely chopped chocolate or nuts to be used to coat the truffle balls.
Basic Classic Truffle Recipe:
- Bring cream just to a simmer (not boil) in a heavy saucepan. Remove from heat. Add Vanilla.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler Carefully. I do this to speed things up.
- Slowly Stir cream into the chocolate by hand with spatula or spoon until thoroughly blended.
- Add room temperature butter and blend well. Beat by hand or using hand-held emulsion blender until smooth and emulsified.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm (approximately 1 – 3 hours).
- Scrape a tablespoon or 1 inch melon-baller across surface of mixture scooping enough to make a 3/4″ to 1″ ball. (approximately 1/2-3/4 ounce total weight. Quickly press with fingertips into 3/4 or 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls.
- Roll immediately in cocoa powder or chopped chocolate. (SIDE NOTE) I almost always coat my truffles in tempered chocolate, even when I am going to roll in cocoa powder. Reason? To keep the centers soft, ultra fresh and moist.
- If not serving right away, store well-wrapped in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for one week, or freeze in plastic freezer bag for up to 1 month. Bring to room temperature in the bag to prevent condensation and serve.
TEMPERING PREMIUM CHOCOLATE
Although these Truffles will keep if frozen, the joy and reward of making home made gourmet confections is in their freshness. Whenever possible, serve or give your delicious treats right away ! You’ll be glad you did. As a candy maker, I have never been able to keep chocolates in the freezer… my family knows when a new batch has been made and they hover and hound until they have had their fair share. My testers! Gotta love em!
If you are just beginning to explore the world of fabulous GOURMET CANDY MAKIN: Please get our FREE VIDEO SERIES: The QUICK START GUIDE TO GOURMET CANDY MAKING Click below
GET OUR QUICK START GUIDE TO GOURMET CANDY MAKING FREE VIDEO SERIES CLICK HERE!!!
READY TO JUMP RIGHT INTO TO HOLIDAY CANDY MAKING?